Elder Scrolls Online is Bethesda’s most popular Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG), which is why the game is getting a Gold Edition.
Just like all games in The Elder Scrolls series, Elder Scrolls Online is set on the continent of Tamriel. The events of this MMORPG take place about a 1000 years before the events of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and around 800 years before Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and IV: Oblivion. Just like Skyrim, however, there are two wars to fight in Elder Scrolls Online. One is to stop the demonic Deadra Molag Bal from melding the plane of Mundus with his own realm; whereas the other revolves around the vacant imperial throne that is contested by three alliances of the mortal races.
Elder Scrolls Online first released in 2014 to mediocre reviews. It re-released in 2015 as Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, where it did away with the mandatory subscription costs. Tamriel Unlimited managed to get much better reviews. It was from this new version of the game that Bethesda designed and created several magnificent downloadable content packs.
Now with another year etched into the game’s belt, Bethesda has announced “Game of the Year” version. This updated version is called the Gold Edition and bundles all of the extra downloadable (DLC), and expansion content together. This is so all players have an opportunity to gain immediate access to the entire story.
The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition will come bundled with the core game, as well as The Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood DLC. Furthermore, it will add a new Palomino Horse mount to the game, and award players 500 Crowns for use in the In-Game Crown Store. The Gold Edition will not include The Shadows of the Hist expansion content that is coming out later this year.
The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition will be $59.99 USD (~R860 ZAR) and will be available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
- Lost Sphear mixes classic and modern RPG’s in a wonderful way [Review] - 17 May, 2018
- The Hooked on Multiplayer Bundle is all about playing with friends - 16 May, 2018
- Early Access hit, Dead Cells, to get retail editions for PS4 & Switch - 16 May, 2018
- PES 2019 Release Date announced and more about teams revealed - 16 May, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege Operation Para Bellum teased by Ubisoft - 15 May, 2018
- FIFA 2018 Global series heads to Russia thanks to Coke, EA & VY Esports - 15 May, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Desolation of Mordor expansion out now - 15 May, 2018
- Blizzard’s Rise of the Raven Lord comic legitimises Heroes of the Storm - 15 May, 2018
- PES 2018 celebrates huge milestone with Data Pack 4 - 14 May, 2018
- Robot Wizard reveals plans to bring Jengo to Nintendo Switch - 14 May, 2018