I have spent endless hours dreaming of the world and experiences that J.K. Rowling brought to life in Harry Potter. From Time Turners and Butter Beer through to Quidditch and the Yule Ball, it is a magical world that all fans yearn to visit. Naturally, as a Potter-head, I would welcome any opportunity to have some kind of magic in the muggle world. So when I caught wind of PeskyCatPapercraft’s spellbinding leather Harry Potter books, I literally cried out “Accio Beautiful Leather Bound Creations”! It did not work, sadly.
Meg Krampf, the master-mind behind PeskyCatPapercraft, originally created the first set of these beautiful leather Harry Potter books to auction off on eBay, with proceeds given to the charity of the buyer’s choice. Meg created these spellbinding books by removing and rebinding the original spines from J.K. Rowling’s paperback sets.
New leather covers were then put on, each of which is made from acid free chipboard and black lambskin leather. The covers are also stamped with a copper plate the is etched with the title of the covered book.
Adding even more magic to these leather Harry Potter beauties, Krampf also places replica wands on the spines of the books and, the coup d’estat, removable horcruxes that can be used as bookmarks. Usually Potter-heads will refrain from going near any horcruxes, but these gorgeously crafted items are magnetically attached to the front cover and can be easily removed and used to keep your place in your book. Honestly, these books are just Reddikulous-ly wonderful!
Could you imagine the chance to bookmark a place in your favourite book using a piece of your “soul”? Well, PeskyCatPapercraft has their own Easy Store where you can find their contact details to request a set of your very own. In addition to the magic of Harry Potter, I would kiss a Dothraki for a set of Game of Thrones novels made in the same way. A girl can dream.
- 7 Mystical Doctor Strange Cocktails to Open Your Mind - 1 November, 2016
- Cosplayers Were the Highlight of rAge 2016 - 19 October, 2016
- Boldy Go Where No One Has Gone Before with MAC Star Trek Makeup - 5 October, 2016
- Riddikulus-ly Gorgeous Leather Harry Potter Books - 20 July, 2016
- Skinny Bags Makes Clutches that Look Like Books - 6 July, 2016
- Geeky Edible Artwork Created on Spoons - 10 May, 2016
- Alice is Bonkers in the Second Trailer for Alice Through The Looking Glass (2016) - 5 May, 2016
- First Official Trailer for Alice Through the Looking Glass (2016) - 29 April, 2016
- Step into Wonderland with these Irregular Disney Inspired Shoes - 12 April, 2016
- Nailing it with NailSnaps - 22 February, 2016