X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) has finally arrived, with select markets across the world releasing the film a full week earlier than in the USA (27th May 2016). The new film is the true sequel to X-Men First Class (2011), thus it takes place in the 1980s. However, no one could have guessed how perfectly X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) captures the 80s style of the comics.
It is safe to say that excitement levels are high as fans have, up to now, only been able to imagine what Apocalypse has in store for the X-Men. Will Apocalypse and his four horsemen succeed in destroying the world? Or will Professor Charles Xavier, Raven and the team be able to lead their ragtag band of mutants to once again save the world from the impending ‘apocalypse’?
To celebrate the release of X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), the folks over at Halloween Costumes have put together these wonderfully interactive ‘sliders’ that draw a direct contrast between the 80s comics that inspired the movie (Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, and X-Factor) and the nine celebratory Empire Magazine covers that are based on the new feature film.
The interactive slider does an excellent job of portraying how well 20th Century Fox stuck to the source materials, at least from a visual standpoint, and showcases how eerily similar the live-action outfits are to the way the characters originally appeared in the vintage Marvel comic books of the 80s.
- GLITCHED is South Africa’s newest show about Video Games - 16 October, 2017
- Nintendo Pop-Up Store + Hands-On with Super Mario Odyssey - 15 October, 2017
- Win With Vamers ALIEN DVD & ALIEN: Isolation Game Bundle - 15 October, 2017
- Star Wars Theme Sung entirely by Porgs - 12 October, 2017
- The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it’s mind-blowing! - 10 October, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi bookings are now live! - 10 October, 2017
- Jurassic World Evolution’s first in-game footage is Wondrous - 9 October, 2017
- Xbox One X South Africa: Arrives in December with R7499 Pre-Order Price - 6 October, 2017
- Home_Coded puts the Spotlight on Indie Developers at rAge 2017 - 3 October, 2017
- Targus and SteelSeries partner to create the Sniper Gaming Backpack - 3 October, 2017