X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) has finally arrived, with select markets across the world releasing the film a full week earlier than in the USA (27th May 2016). The new film is the true sequel to X-Men First Class (2011), thus it takes place in the 1980s. However, no one could have guessed how perfectly X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) captures the 80s style of the comics.
It is safe to say that excitement levels are high as fans have, up to now, only been able to imagine what Apocalypse has in store for the X-Men. Will Apocalypse and his four horsemen succeed in destroying the world? Or will Professor Charles Xavier, Raven and the team be able to lead their ragtag band of mutants to once again save the world from the impending ‘apocalypse’?
To celebrate the release of X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), the folks over at Halloween Costumes have put together these wonderfully interactive ‘sliders’ that draw a direct contrast between the 80s comics that inspired the movie (Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, and X-Factor) and the nine celebratory Empire Magazine covers that are based on the new feature film.
The interactive slider does an excellent job of portraying how well 20th Century Fox stuck to the source materials, at least from a visual standpoint, and showcases how eerily similar the live-action outfits are to the way the characters originally appeared in the vintage Marvel comic books of the 80s.
- The Valkyrie Challenge is an All-Woman CS:GO esports event - 25 July, 2017
- HP Sprocket Puts Photo Printing in your Pocket [Review] - 20 July, 2017
- Get Your Winter eSports Fix at RUSH, the rAge of eSports - 14 July, 2017
- Attend the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Premiere with Nu Metro VIP - 14 July, 2017
- Microsoft Introduces New Xbox Avatars, and they are better than ever - 29 June, 2017
- Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Enhanced with Original Xbox Games - 15 June, 2017
- All New Nintendo Switch Pokemon RPG is Coming - 14 June, 2017
- Xbox One X Games Confirmed to Run and Render at Native 4K Ultra HD - 13 June, 2017
- A Way Out Promises Innovative Co-Op Gameplay - 12 June, 2017
- Anthem is a Brand New Open-World Sci-Fi Shooter from BioWare - 12 June, 2017