It is no secret that the Vamers Crew adore collectible figures, especially those from the Hong Kong based company, Hot Toys. It is one of the many reasons why Vamers Store has the largest online selection of Hot Toys in South Africa.
Although Hot Toys products feature the ‘toy’ moniker in the title of the brand, these figures are anything but simple toys. Hot Toys, for those who may not know, produce some of the most detailed quarter scale and one sixth scale collectible figures on the market today. With official licenses from Marvel, Disney and a host of other movie and video game studios, Hot Toys are able to produce collectible figurines that feature the uncanny resemblance of their on-screen counterparts.
Unlike conventional ‘toys’, Hot Toys products are produced in limited global qualities and feature incredible amounts of detail, which is why collector’s around the world enjoy purchasing and displaying these often beautiful figures.
However, a common issue with these collectible figures, especially from a South African perspective, is that many people have not had the opportunity to be exposed to the figures in person. As such, most look at the price of the figures online and wonder “why would anyone spend so much on a ‘toy'”?
Thankfully, Hot Toys has brought their current global tour to South Africa, where all of the latest, and even unreleased collectible figures, are on display. Trust me when I say that ‘seeing is believing’. Once you have seen these figures in person, your bank account will beg for forgiveness.
The South African Hot Toys Exposition takes place from the 27th October 2015 to 2nd November 2015 at the East Gate Shopping Centre in Johannesburg, Gauteng (depending on popularity, the organisers have said that they hope to expand to both Kwa-Zulu Natal and the Western Cape in 2016).
Not only will fans of Star Wars be able to see sixth scale wonders of popular characters, but South Africa’s 501st Legion of official Star Wars troopers will also be making an appearance on Saturday 31st October 2015.
A variety of rare and exclusive Hot Toys figures will be available for purchase at the event (as shown above). However if you are not able to attend in person, fear not, for Vamers Store has you covered with Free Door-to-door delivery nationwide, 3% cash-back in loyalty points on every order, and Interest Free Payment Plans!
- Digital Foundry Partners with Microsoft to Reveal Tech Specs of Xbox Project Scorpio - 5 April, 2017
- New Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer Gives Away Everything - 29 March, 2017
- Retro Rogue One VHS Commercial is a Throwback to the 80s - 27 March, 2017
- ‘Homework can wait, the City can’t’ in new Spider-Man Homecoming Posters - 27 March, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for April 2017 - 24 March, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for March 2017 - 23 February, 2017
- Sony is FINALLY adding External HDD Support to PlayStation 4 - 6 February, 2017
- Fan-Made Star Wars: The Last Jedi Announcement Trailer - 31 January, 2017
- Marvel and Square Enix Partner to Create New Superhero Games - 27 January, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Pricing and Availability Confirmed for South Africa - 27 January, 2017