Any Potter-head would jump at the opportunity to run through the wall at Kings Cross station to get to Platform 9 3/4, in order to be able to drink Butter Beer and enjoy the ‘love potions’ and ‘magic tricks’ at Weasley’s Wizzard Wheezes. Alas, my fellow South Africans know all to well that postage by Owl is just as unreliable as our muggle snail mail, which is obviously why I still have not received my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Naturally, when given the opportunity to have some kind of magic in the muggle world, it is always welcomed with open arms; which is why I nearly fell off of my chair upon hearing of the range of Harry Potter themed lipsticks currently available from LASplash.
California based cosmetics company, LASplash, has announced a very magical and waterproof range of Liquid Lipsticks that are spectacularly themed after memorable characters in J.K. Rowling’s beloved Harry Potter book series. There are currently 17 different matte shades of liquid lipsticks in the Harry Potter selection, which range from a daring “Nagini” green to a Yule Ball “Hermione” pink.
However, not all Harry Potter fans have been supportive of the LASplash range. Many have complained of how LASplash did not create a colour for the main character, Harry Potter, and how the company has not stayed true to the colours that represent certain elements from the series. A good example is Ravenclaw, which should not be a burgundy red but rather the house colours of blue and bronze, similarly Sirius Black’s colour was released as a deep blue, but should have obviously been black – Siriusly?!
“Now repeat after me — without wands please — repeat after me, Riddikulus” – Professor Lupin
Despite some of the confusion surrounding the colours and the corresponding names, the lipsticks are ultimately beautiful and I would definitely fork out a few Galleons and Sickles to have a few of these gorgeous spellbound colours to pout the day away.
- Cartoon Network Creative Lab interview with Ariane Suveg - 25 September, 2018
- Exclusive Comic Con Africa interview with Yetide Badaki from American Gods - 17 September, 2018
- Five Gift Ideas to give that Geeky Girl In Your Life a smile - 13 February, 2018
- Five Last Minute Valentines Gift Ideas For The Geek In Your Life - 13 February, 2018
- Here are 30 incredible and alternative uses for Coffee and Tea - 13 February, 2018
- 20 Times Disney Understood Your Friday Night Out - 5 February, 2018
- Hogwarts Houses Makeup Brushes add Magic to your Makeup Routine [Review] - 5 February, 2018
- Night Kitchen Bakery makes Magical Cakes for Muggles - 1 February, 2018
- Johannesburg Fête de La Musique 2017 Brought Newtown to Life - 18 June, 2017
- Make-up Artist Transforms Herself into Han Solo - 12 May, 2017