Microsoft has officially appointed 46-year-old Microsoft veteran, Satya Nadella, as its new CEO.
In an internal letter (the first of many from Microsoft’s newest Chief Executive Officer) Nadella writes “While we have seen great success, we are hungry to do more” and that “this is a critical time for the industry and for Microsoft“. Nadella goes on to promise that he will be taking the company to greater places and that Microsoft will be evolving along with, and ahead of, technology.
Nadella originally hails from India where he attained a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and communication degree from the Mangalore University. He later moved to the United States of America to pursue a Masters of Science degree in Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago.
In 1992, Nadella joined Microsoft as the senior vice president of Research and Development for the Online Services Division and eventually became the vice president of the Microsoft Business Division. He later became the president of Microsoft’s Server and Tools business and has been instrumental in transforming the company’s business and technology culture from client services to cloud infrastructure under Microsoft’s Azure platform.
Along with the news of Satya Nadella having been appointed as Microsoft’s new CEO, it has also been announced that Microsoft founder Bill Gates has stepped down as chairman of the board, and will instead be stepping up as technology adviser to Microsoft’s newly appointed CEO. Bill Gates’ former position will be succeeded by John Thompson, CEO of Virtual Instruments.
Ballmer is out. Nadella is in. Long live Bill Gates.
- Date announced for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Blackout Beta - 15 August, 2018
- New Game Plus mode for God of War is finally coming - 14 August, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s Negan is coming to Tekken 7 with Lucile in hand - 14 August, 2018
- Comic writer Andy Diggle & artist Chris Sprouse will be at Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- Quake Champions goes Free-to-Play & comes out of Steam Early Access - 13 August, 2018
- Fallout 76 trolls will become “wanted murderers” to combat ‘griefing’ - 13 August, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition arrives in August 2018 - 10 August, 2018
- We Happy Few Day Zero patch fixes hundreds of bugs, adds the campaign - 10 August, 2018
- Wake up to Spotify with the new Google Clock app update - 7 August, 2018
- We Happy Few season pass and post launch DLC detailed - 7 August, 2018