Microsoft has officially appointed 46-year-old Microsoft veteran, Satya Nadella, as its new CEO.
In an internal letter (the first of many from Microsoft’s newest Chief Executive Officer) Nadella writes “While we have seen great success, we are hungry to do more” and that “this is a critical time for the industry and for Microsoft“. Nadella goes on to promise that he will be taking the company to greater places and that Microsoft will be evolving along with, and ahead of, technology.
Nadella originally hails from India where he attained a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and communication degree from the Mangalore University. He later moved to the United States of America to pursue a Masters of Science degree in Computer Science at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago.
In 1992, Nadella joined Microsoft as the senior vice president of Research and Development for the Online Services Division and eventually became the vice president of the Microsoft Business Division. He later became the president of Microsoft’s Server and Tools business and has been instrumental in transforming the company’s business and technology culture from client services to cloud infrastructure under Microsoft’s Azure platform.
Along with the news of Satya Nadella having been appointed as Microsoft’s new CEO, it has also been announced that Microsoft founder Bill Gates has stepped down as chairman of the board, and will instead be stepping up as technology adviser to Microsoft’s newly appointed CEO. Bill Gates’ former position will be succeeded by John Thompson, CEO of Virtual Instruments.
Ballmer is out. Nadella is in. Long live Bill Gates.
- Lost Sphear mixes classic and modern RPG’s in a wonderful way [Review] - 17 May, 2018
- The Hooked on Multiplayer Bundle is all about playing with friends - 16 May, 2018
- Early Access hit, Dead Cells, to get retail editions for PS4 & Switch - 16 May, 2018
- PES 2019 Release Date announced and more about teams revealed - 16 May, 2018
- Rainbow Six: Siege Operation Para Bellum teased by Ubisoft - 15 May, 2018
- FIFA 2018 Global series heads to Russia thanks to Coke, EA & VY Esports - 15 May, 2018
- Middle-earth: Shadow of War Desolation of Mordor expansion out now - 15 May, 2018
- Blizzard’s Rise of the Raven Lord comic legitimises Heroes of the Storm - 15 May, 2018
- PES 2018 celebrates huge milestone with Data Pack 4 - 14 May, 2018
- Robot Wizard reveals plans to bring Jengo to Nintendo Switch - 14 May, 2018