The highly anticipated and E3 2013 award winning cyber-crime action title, Watch Dogs, appears to have been delayed once again.
Weeks before the launch of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and the subsequent commencement of the 2013 holiday season, eager fans the world over were informed that Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs would be ‘pushed back’ until March 2014. However, even that date now appears to be in question.
According to a post on WatchDogForums, the game may be delayed further until May or June 2014. This new timeframe was confirmed by Noam Jenkins, the man who voices the main protagonist and hacker Aiden Pearce, who tweeted in response to a fan that his work on the title may not be complete until the middle of this year.
@MadsDroger I’ve been told May or June.
— Noam Jenkins (@noamjenkins) January 25, 2014
If Jenkins is right, it means that gamers may have to wait even longer before they get to hack the digital city of Chicago. Unfortunately, Ubisoft’s only response to Jenkins’ tweet is the predictable “we do not comment on rumours or speculation” and have simply reiterated that the the game is still to be expected during the first fiscal quarter of 2014-2015.
Watch Dogs was scheduled to release in November 2013 for PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC. However, the title was delayed to allow the developers more time to iron out any and all remaining kinks.
An official release date has yet to be set.
- Injustice 2 is a Sublime Super Powered Brawler [REVIEW] - 24 May, 2017
- Don’t Get Mad, Get Even in the Bright Light Fright of Prey (2017) [REVIEW] - 16 May, 2017
- Official Prey Soundtrack is now Available for your Listening Pleasure - 11 May, 2017
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands [REVIEW] - 10 May, 2017
- 10 of the Best Spider-Man Costumes from the Marvel Universe - 9 May, 2017
- We Happy Few Maidenholm Update Video Showcases Major Additions - 8 May, 2017
- Endlessly Limited Creativity in LEGO Worlds [REVIEW] - 8 May, 2017
- Top 10 Spider-Man Costumes, According to Marvel - 1 May, 2017
- Vamers Venator: Alden Ehrenreich - 1 May, 2017
- 4 Actually Useful Things I wish I knew before I started Ghost Recon: Wildlands - 24 April, 2017