The highly anticipated and E3 2013 award winning cyber-crime action title, Watch Dogs, appears to have been delayed once again.
Weeks before the launch of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and the subsequent commencement of the 2013 holiday season, eager fans the world over were informed that Ubisoft’s Watch Dogs would be ‘pushed back’ until March 2014. However, even that date now appears to be in question.
According to a post on WatchDogForums, the game may be delayed further until May or June 2014. This new timeframe was confirmed by Noam Jenkins, the man who voices the main protagonist and hacker Aiden Pearce, who tweeted in response to a fan that his work on the title may not be complete until the middle of this year.
@MadsDroger I’ve been told May or June.
— Noam Jenkins (@noamjenkins) January 25, 2014
If Jenkins is right, it means that gamers may have to wait even longer before they get to hack the digital city of Chicago. Unfortunately, Ubisoft’s only response to Jenkins’ tweet is the predictable “we do not comment on rumours or speculation” and have simply reiterated that the the game is still to be expected during the first fiscal quarter of 2014-2015.
Watch Dogs was scheduled to release in November 2013 for PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC. However, the title was delayed to allow the developers more time to iron out any and all remaining kinks.
An official release date has yet to be set.
- Fallout Shelter is Now Available on Steam - 12 April, 2017
- A We Happy Few movie is coming, and it will be “surprising” - 12 April, 2017
- Elder Scrolls Online Goes Free-to-Play for an Entire Week - 11 April, 2017
- Xbox Play Anywhere title Snake Pass slithers onto Xbox and Windows 10 - 10 April, 2017
- Quake Champions Blood Covenant Arena debuts in New Trailer - 6 April, 2017
- New Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind video Showcases new Battlegrounds PvP Mode - 6 April, 2017
- Blizzard Reveals Starcraft: Remastered - 3 April, 2017
- Firestorm Blazes onto the Scene in New Injustice 2 Video - 31 March, 2017
- Destiny 2 is Official! Release Date and PC Support Confirmed - 31 March, 2017
- New Logitech G Pro Gaming Keyboard is designed with eSports in mind - 31 March, 2017