Jar Jar Binks is easily the most disliked character in the entire Star Wars universe and continues to be lambasted by critics and fans alike ever since his debut in the highly anticipated 1999 hit, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace.
The original vision for Binks was for the character to become the Chewbacca of the ‘prequel’ trilogy. Unfortunately, that never happened. Instead Binks became the character that every critic and fan loves to hate.
I personally never had a problem with Jar Jar Binks nor did I ever really like the character. To me, he was annoyingly forgettable. Interestingly, it would appear that Spielberg and Lucas may have felt the same way about Binks’ character.
A new deleted scene from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace has revealed that Spielberg and Lucas did indeed consider killing off Jar Jar Binks early on in the prequel trilogy.
The deleted scene shows Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jar Jar Binks arriving at their destination on Naboo via a water vessel. In the original cut of the film, the trio arrive safely. In the deleted scene, however, the vessel gets trapped in a current moving towards a huge waterfall.
The scene shows Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escaping the craft whereas Binks, in a moment of panic, fails to escape and is seen plunging to his death.
Watch the scene below and let us know if you think it should have happened.
- Live-Action Anthem Conviction trailer from Neill Blomkamp is mesmerising - 15 February, 2019
- Playlist: Deadpool Valentine’s Day – Best Pound Town Tunes - 14 February, 2019
- TED Talks Morning: the best way to start your day - 8 February, 2019
- Anthem Hands-on preview: 3 Reasons to Get Excited - 4 February, 2019
- Xbox Live Cross-Platform details, coming to iOS, Android & Switch - 4 February, 2019
- Jedi Hairdresser cuts hair with Laser Lightsaber - 31 January, 2019
- Xbox Games with Gold February 2019: Assassins, Bombs and Jedis - 31 January, 2019
- Florence Review: Beautiful Journey about the Complexities of Love - 30 January, 2019
- Anthem PC Specs: what do you need to run the game? - 24 January, 2019
- Anthem Demo: where and how to play before launch? - 23 January, 2019