Towards the end of last year, Apple officially opened the South African iTunes Music store. Now the Cupertino based company has finally allowed video games to be sold on the local South African iTunes marketplace, a category that has been desired by South African gamers ever since the first Angry Birds launched in 2009.
Purchasing games has never been easier. By associating a South African credit card with your South African iTunes account, buying games is now as easy as buying other apps and music – literally only a click away.
Content in the South African iTunes marketplace is also billed in Rands. Now you can finally have all of those Angry Birds games that you have been hankering for without needing a currency converter to determine the total cost.
No word yet on whether Apple will support the local gaming market in the way that they have promised to support and focus on local music in South Africa.
Unfortunately, television series and movies are still not available through the South African iTunes store. However, we remain hopeful that it will happen in the near future. Until then, movie and television series aficionado’s can set up a United States iTunes Account.
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018
- Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker Dark Side version is a Sith Lord masterpiece - 6 July, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold July 2018: Cacti, Squares, Fighters & Splinter Cell - 5 July, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution bites off more than it can chew [Review] - 25 June, 2018
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Rush Esports 2018: Venue, Event and Tournament Information - 2 June, 2018