When I first heard Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” I knew that the ballad would be a big success. How much of a success, however, no one could have predicted.
Within 24 hours of release, Miley’s nude “Wrecking Ball” escapade accrued over 19 million views on YouTube – beating the previous record, held by One Direction, by 7 million views.
Vevo also confirmed that the music video reached over 100 million views in only 6 days and currently has over 180 million views on YouTube.
The tremendous viral success of the “Wrecking Ball” music video also catapulted the song to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a first for Miley Cyrus.
“Wrecking Ball” offers viewers a close and teary eyed view of Miley’s face before showcasing the pop star clad in nothing more than a white bra-less crop top, a pair of tighty whiteys and boots; before completely stripping down to boots only and riding a literal ‘wrecking ball’.
Miley Cyrus looks absolutely gorgeous in the video with flawless skin, luscious lips and ocean blue eyes. Despite the delicious eye candy, the visuals of the video offer a stark disconnect to the lyrics, especially the licking of
Thors the hammer.
In my opinion the lyrics of the ballad would have been better served and more impactful without the need for nudity, although the video may not have been as successful ‘virally’ with her clothes on.
Ultimately the video is in tune with Miley’s new ‘I’ll cut a bitch and do whatever I want’ persona that she has adopted to go with her forthcoming album Bangerz (which I have already pre-ordered through iTunes).
Putting aside the verbose presence of Miley’s velvety skin, the video is beautifully shot and most definitely visually appealing. Watch it below and let us know what you think of Miley’s latest hit in the comments.
- GLITCHED is South Africa’s newest show about Video Games - 16 October, 2017
- Nintendo Pop-Up Store + Hands-On with Super Mario Odyssey - 15 October, 2017
- Win With Vamers ALIEN DVD & ALIEN: Isolation Game Bundle - 15 October, 2017
- Star Wars Theme Sung entirely by Porgs - 12 October, 2017
- The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it’s mind-blowing! - 10 October, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi bookings are now live! - 10 October, 2017
- Jurassic World Evolution’s first in-game footage is Wondrous - 9 October, 2017
- Xbox One X South Africa: Arrives in December with R7499 Pre-Order Price - 6 October, 2017
- Home_Coded puts the Spotlight on Indie Developers at rAge 2017 - 3 October, 2017
- Targus and SteelSeries partner to create the Sniper Gaming Backpack - 3 October, 2017