When I first heard Miley Cyrus’ “Wrecking Ball” I knew that the ballad would be a big success. How much of a success, however, no one could have predicted.
Within 24 hours of release, Miley’s nude “Wrecking Ball” escapade accrued over 19 million views on YouTube – beating the previous record, held by One Direction, by 7 million views.
Vevo also confirmed that the music video reached over 100 million views in only 6 days and currently has over 180 million views on YouTube.
The tremendous viral success of the “Wrecking Ball” music video also catapulted the song to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a first for Miley Cyrus.
“Wrecking Ball” offers viewers a close and teary eyed view of Miley’s face before showcasing the pop star clad in nothing more than a white bra-less crop top, a pair of tighty whiteys and boots; before completely stripping down to boots only and riding a literal ‘wrecking ball’.
Miley Cyrus looks absolutely gorgeous in the video with flawless skin, luscious lips and ocean blue eyes. Despite the delicious eye candy, the visuals of the video offer a stark disconnect to the lyrics, especially the licking of
Thors the hammer.
In my opinion the lyrics of the ballad would have been better served and more impactful without the need for nudity, although the video may not have been as successful ‘virally’ with her clothes on.
Ultimately the video is in tune with Miley’s new ‘I’ll cut a bitch and do whatever I want’ persona that she has adopted to go with her forthcoming album Bangerz (which I have already pre-ordered through iTunes).
Putting aside the verbose presence of Miley’s velvety skin, the video is beautifully shot and most definitely visually appealing. Watch it below and let us know what you think of Miley’s latest hit in the comments.
- Netflix’s Witcher TV Series Will Bring Geralt of Rivia to Life - 19 May, 2017
- Netflix’s GLOW is an 80s Inspired Comedy Series about Wrestling - 15 May, 2017
- Watch the First Trailer for Marvel’s The Gifted, A New X-Men Series - 15 May, 2017
- Experience the Birth of an Alien Xenomorph in Interactive Video - 11 May, 2017
- Expanding Vamers First Play - 11 May, 2017
- LucidSound LS35X is the First Gaming Headset to Use Xbox Wireless Tech. - 10 May, 2017
- Bravado Gaming Wins Share of R1-Million in Samsung CS:GO Championship - 9 May, 2017
- Understanding the Cost of Petrol in South Africa - 9 May, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for May 2017 - 1 May, 2017
- Digital Foundry Partners with Microsoft to Reveal Tech Specs of Xbox Project Scorpio - 5 April, 2017