A few weeks ago M-Net Movies embarked on a campaign that leveraged the power of social media to bring superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man and The Hulk to Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town, respectively.
The M-Net Movies campaign asked the South African Twitter community a simple question: “what could a superhero do in your city in order to brighten your day”?
There were some interesting requests that ranged from Batman cooling down cyclists and Spider-Man swinging around the Moses Mabhida Stadium all the way to my personal favourite, because it was my suggestion, getting The Hulk to visit a children’s village.
The great video compilation below showcases how the ‘Superheroes Rocked Up’ in each of the cities and how they brightened the day’s of many unsuspecting South Africans.
Kudos to M-Net Movies for running a truly unique and successful campaign that helped bring joy to many people, especially children, across South Africa.
If you were not lucky enough to spot a superhero in your city, fear not because M-Net Movies is bringing them to your home with a superhero themed movie every night at 19:00 for the entire month of October on M-Net Movies Showcase (channel 108 on Dstv).
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold June 2018: Assassins, Smite, Sonic & Indy Jones - 31 May, 2018
- Is your Spirit Animal Kratos? Find out if you Won in our God of War competition - 29 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is mystifyingly handsy - 18 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Deadpool (MMS490) collectible is a sexy unicorn lover - 15 May, 2018
- The Magicians’ Rick Worthy confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 9 May, 2018