A few weeks ago M-Net Movies embarked on a campaign that leveraged the power of social media to bring superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man and The Hulk to Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town, respectively.
The M-Net Movies campaign asked the South African Twitter community a simple question: “what could a superhero do in your city in order to brighten your day”?
There were some interesting requests that ranged from Batman cooling down cyclists and Spider-Man swinging around the Moses Mabhida Stadium all the way to my personal favourite, because it was my suggestion, getting The Hulk to visit a children’s village.
The great video compilation below showcases how the ‘Superheroes Rocked Up’ in each of the cities and how they brightened the day’s of many unsuspecting South Africans.
Kudos to M-Net Movies for running a truly unique and successful campaign that helped bring joy to many people, especially children, across South Africa.
If you were not lucky enough to spot a superhero in your city, fear not because M-Net Movies is bringing them to your home with a superhero themed movie every night at 19:00 for the entire month of October on M-Net Movies Showcase (channel 108 on Dstv).
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018