Not too long ago the word ‘geek’ was considered taboo by people ingrained in popular culture and was often used in a derogatory manner. Over time, however, the ‘geek’ monicker has evolved to encompass much more than just an obsession with ‘technology’ and the ‘Internet’.
As a result of the proliferation of the term in popular culture, the origins and original meaning of the ‘geek’ descriptor have fallen away, causing many to ponder the question “what does it mean to be a ‘geek'”?
The minds at Flowtown have compiled an interesting and highly informative infographic that hopes to answer that very question. ‘The Evolution of the Geek‘ infographic details the origins of the term as well as how it has evolved over time.
Looking at the infographic I believe I fit into the ‘geek chic’ branch of the evolutionary chain. Where do you think you fit in?
- HP Sprocket Puts Photo Printing in your Pocket [Review] - 20 July, 2017
- Get Your Winter eSports Fix at RUSH, the rAge of eSports - 14 July, 2017
- Attend the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Premiere with Nu Metro VIP - 14 July, 2017
- Microsoft Introduces New Xbox Avatars, and they are better than ever - 29 June, 2017
- Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Enhanced with Original Xbox Games - 15 June, 2017
- All New Nintendo Switch Pokemon RPG is Coming - 14 June, 2017
- Xbox One X Games Confirmed to Run and Render at Native 4K Ultra HD - 13 June, 2017
- A Way Out Promises Innovative Co-Op Gameplay - 12 June, 2017
- Anthem is a Brand New Open-World Sci-Fi Shooter from BioWare - 12 June, 2017
- Meet the Xbox One X: Microsoft’s smallest and most powerful games console - 12 June, 2017