Not too long ago the word ‘geek’ was considered taboo by people ingrained in popular culture and was often used in a derogatory manner. Over time, however, the ‘geek’ monicker has evolved to encompass much more than just an obsession with ‘technology’ and the ‘Internet’.
As a result of the proliferation of the term in popular culture, the origins and original meaning of the ‘geek’ descriptor have fallen away, causing many to ponder the question “what does it mean to be a ‘geek'”?
The minds at Flowtown have compiled an interesting and highly informative infographic that hopes to answer that very question. ‘The Evolution of the Geek‘ infographic details the origins of the term as well as how it has evolved over time.
Looking at the infographic I believe I fit into the ‘geek chic’ branch of the evolutionary chain. Where do you think you fit in?
- Digital Foundry Partners with Microsoft to Reveal Tech Specs of Xbox Project Scorpio - 5 April, 2017
- New Spider-Man Homecoming Trailer Gives Away Everything - 29 March, 2017
- Retro Rogue One VHS Commercial is a Throwback to the 80s - 27 March, 2017
- ‘Homework can wait, the City can’t’ in new Spider-Man Homecoming Posters - 27 March, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for April 2017 - 24 March, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for March 2017 - 23 February, 2017
- Sony is FINALLY adding External HDD Support to PlayStation 4 - 6 February, 2017
- Fan-Made Star Wars: The Last Jedi Announcement Trailer - 31 January, 2017
- Marvel and Square Enix Partner to Create New Superhero Games - 27 January, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Pricing and Availability Confirmed for South Africa - 27 January, 2017