Not too long ago the word ‘geek’ was considered taboo by people ingrained in popular culture and was often used in a derogatory manner. Over time, however, the ‘geek’ monicker has evolved to encompass much more than just an obsession with ‘technology’ and the ‘Internet’.
As a result of the proliferation of the term in popular culture, the origins and original meaning of the ‘geek’ descriptor have fallen away, causing many to ponder the question “what does it mean to be a ‘geek'”?
The minds at Flowtown have compiled an interesting and highly informative infographic that hopes to answer that very question. ‘The Evolution of the Geek‘ infographic details the origins of the term as well as how it has evolved over time.
Looking at the infographic I believe I fit into the ‘geek chic’ branch of the evolutionary chain. Where do you think you fit in?
- Sony is FINALLY adding External HDD Support to PlayStation 4 - 6 February, 2017
- Fan-Made Star Wars: The Last Jedi Announcement Trailer - 31 January, 2017
- Marvel and Square Enix Partner to Create New Superhero Games - 27 January, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Pricing and Availability Confirmed for South Africa - 27 January, 2017
- Xbox Games with Gold for February 2017 - 24 January, 2017
- Official Title, Release Date & First Poster for Star Wars Episode VIII Revealed - 23 January, 2017
- Sign Up today for the PlayStation 4 System Software Beta Program - 17 January, 2017
- The Nintendo Switch Online Service is a Paid Online Gaming Service - 17 January, 2017
- Nvidia GeForce Now Brings High-End Gaming to Mac - 10 January, 2017
- Happy Holidays from the Vamers Crew [Year in Review] - 24 December, 2016