Not too long ago the word ‘geek’ was considered taboo by people ingrained in popular culture and was often used in a derogatory manner. Over time, however, the ‘geek’ monicker has evolved to encompass much more than just an obsession with ‘technology’ and the ‘Internet’.
As a result of the proliferation of the term in popular culture, the origins and original meaning of the ‘geek’ descriptor have fallen away, causing many to ponder the question “what does it mean to be a ‘geek'”?
The minds at Flowtown have compiled an interesting and highly informative infographic that hopes to answer that very question. ‘The Evolution of the Geek‘ infographic details the origins of the term as well as how it has evolved over time.
Looking at the infographic I believe I fit into the ‘geek chic’ branch of the evolutionary chain. Where do you think you fit in?
- South African PlayStation Black Friday 2017 Deals Revealed - 14 November, 2017
- Xbox One X UK Launch Exceeds Expectations, 80 000 consoles sold - 14 November, 2017
- Workout like a Sith with Star Wars Gym Equipment - 8 November, 2017
- Pac-Man’s Most Obvious Secret Cannot be Unseen - 8 November, 2017
- Cuphead is a Frustratingly Good Run and Gun Game [Review] - 18 October, 2017
- GLITCHED is South Africa’s newest show about Video Games - 16 October, 2017
- Nintendo Pop-Up Store + Hands-On with Super Mario Odyssey - 15 October, 2017
- Win With Vamers ALIEN DVD & ALIEN: Isolation Game Bundle - 15 October, 2017
- Star Wars Theme Sung entirely by Porgs - 12 October, 2017
- The full-length Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer is here, & it’s mind-blowing! - 10 October, 2017