Dragon Con is an annual event in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, that celebrates fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, and other elements of fan culture. Like most geek based conventions, a large part of Dragon Con is dedicated to cosplay, which is an activity in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea from a work of fiction.
At this years Dracon Con, the folks over at Beat Down Boogie and Distractotron teamed up with The Superhero Costuming Forum to celebrate the highly acclaimed comic book writer and illustrator George Pérez – known for his work on Avengers, Wonder Woman, New Teen Titans and The New 52, among others.
Perez was celebrated by being a part of a massive cosplay showcase that pit the Justice League of America and DC Comic’s characters against The Avengers and other Marvel characters. The result is a wonderfully shot video that captures the essence of cosplay, highlighting some great costumes and the camaraderie associated with being a part of geek culture.
[Source: Almsot Nerdy]
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018