Dragon Con is an annual event in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, that celebrates fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, and other elements of fan culture. Like most geek based conventions, a large part of Dragon Con is dedicated to cosplay, which is an activity in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea from a work of fiction.
At this years Dracon Con, the folks over at Beat Down Boogie and Distractotron teamed up with The Superhero Costuming Forum to celebrate the highly acclaimed comic book writer and illustrator George Pérez – known for his work on Avengers, Wonder Woman, New Teen Titans and The New 52, among others.
Perez was celebrated by being a part of a massive cosplay showcase that pit the Justice League of America and DC Comic’s characters against The Avengers and other Marvel characters. The result is a wonderfully shot video that captures the essence of cosplay, highlighting some great costumes and the camaraderie associated with being a part of geek culture.
[Source: Almsot Nerdy]
- Xbox Game Pass now includes New Releases from Microsoft Studios - 23 January, 2018
- Here is the full list of Nominations for the 90th Academy Awards - 23 January, 2018
- Flixable helps you to find something worth watching on Netflix - 23 January, 2018
- Sexy Ian Malcolm immortalised as Jurassic Park Funko Pop figure - 23 January, 2018
- You won’t believe what happens when you call Two Point Hospital! - 18 January, 2018
- Theme Hospital is being reborn as Two Point Hospital - 18 January, 2018
- Forza Horizon 3 Xbox One X patch is live: Native 4K, 30FPS, Enhanced Visuals - 17 January, 2018
- Happy Holidays from the Vamers Crew [Year in Review 2017] - 24 December, 2017
- Xbox One X: the best and most powerful Xbox yet [Review] - 11 December, 2017
- Logitech’s UE Wonderboom is a great summer party companion [Review] - 7 December, 2017