Dragon Con is an annual event in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, that celebrates fans of science fiction, fantasy, comic books, and other elements of fan culture. Like most geek based conventions, a large part of Dragon Con is dedicated to cosplay, which is an activity in which participants wear costumes and accessories to represent a specific character or idea from a work of fiction.
At this years Dracon Con, the folks over at Beat Down Boogie and Distractotron teamed up with The Superhero Costuming Forum to celebrate the highly acclaimed comic book writer and illustrator George Pérez – known for his work on Avengers, Wonder Woman, New Teen Titans and The New 52, among others.
Perez was celebrated by being a part of a massive cosplay showcase that pit the Justice League of America and DC Comic’s characters against The Avengers and other Marvel characters. The result is a wonderfully shot video that captures the essence of cosplay, highlighting some great costumes and the camaraderie associated with being a part of geek culture.
[Source: Almsot Nerdy]
- PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition Celebrates Sony’s Success - 14 August, 2018
- Vikings’ Travis Fimmel confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- 60 Parsecs! wants you to survive the apocalypse by escaping to space - 6 August, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold August 2018: Forza, For Honor, Space and Mickey - 1 August, 2018
- Ember Ceramic Mug Review: the best coffee mug you will ever use - 30 July, 2018
- Meet The Mountain from Game of Thrones at FIBO Global Fitness Africa - 27 July, 2018
- First South African LEGO Store opens in Sandton City - 26 July, 2018
- American Gods Ricky Whittle and Yetide Badaki confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 26 July, 2018
- Jenny Frison Comic Book Cover Artist confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 26 July, 2018
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018