Downloadable Content (DLC) is a means for game developers to add additional content to video games once they have shipped to retail. Alas, it has become a trend among game developers to embrace capitalism by making a quick buck through exploiting this once novel means of refreshing older games. The most infamous example is when Bethesda released a ‘horse armour’ DLC pack for $2.50 – and all it did was allow gamers to select new armour for their in-game horse.
The issue of DLC is humorously masked in Animation Domination High-Def’s newest video about a DLC pack for Square Enix’s latest Tomb Raider reboot. The parody focuses on downloadable content that grants gamers access to a variety of new deaths for Lara. Anyone who has played a Tomb Raider game will appreciate the dark humour present in this video because of the way in which it draws from Lara Croft’s infamous deaths throughout the Tomb Raider series of games.
My personal favourite is the ‘dive to death’ move which has been a staple in the series since the very first game. Do you have a morbid favourite?
[Sources: Animation Domination High-Def]
- Oddworld: Soulstorm GDC demo is gorgeous and tantalising - 20 March, 2019
- Bart Simpson becomes an esports star on The Simpsons - 19 March, 2019
- Final Avengers: Endgame trailer spells the end for fan favourite characters - 14 March, 2019
- Elon Musk contributes to Borderlands 3 weapons - 14 March, 2019
- Fan made Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reboot trailer is dark, gritty & sensational - 14 March, 2019
- Pokémon TCG Detective Pikachu Cards are wonderfully photorealistic! - 13 March, 2019
- YouTube Premium South Africa now available! Goodbye adverts! - 13 March, 2019
- Anthem Review – Bold, Beautiful and Brilliant, but Buggy - 6 March, 2019
- Win a Super Rare Sekiro Shadows Die Twice PS4 Pro [South Africa] - 1 March, 2019
- Rare Sekiro Shadows Die Twice PlayStation 4 Pro is lustworthy - 28 February, 2019