Pacman is one of the most infamous games from the 1980s. Its premise is simple: guide the yellow pearl gobbler around the maze and avoid the ghosts. It is a game that is ingrained in popular culture and one that does not appear to be attached to conventional temporal constraints, which makes the game just as relevant today as it was over 30 years ago.
An artist by the name of Dash Coleman has taken this beloved 80s icon and has re-imagined the ghosts that Pacman munches on to reflect popular characters from geek culture.
The results are really quite funky and if all of the licensing could be attained, it would make for one heck of a cool Pacman refresh. Namco, I hope you are listening and that you make this happen.
Can you name all of the geek culture icons who have been imagined as Pacman ghosts?
Geek Icons as Pacman Ghosts
Carmine (Gears of War)
Alex (A Clockwork Orange)
Super Meat Boy
Vincent Vega (Pulp Fiction)
Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)
Roger the Alien (American Dad)
Henchman 21 (Venture Bros)
Brotherhood Soldier (Fallout)
NCR Soldier (Fallout)
Leonard (Ugly Americans)
Combine Soldier (Half-Life)
[Source: Dash Coleman]
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018
- Exclusive Hitman 2 interview with IO Interactive’s Theuns Smit - 17 September, 2018
- Unboxing Marvel’s Spider-Man Collector’s Edition & Press Kit - 10 September, 2018
- Win With Vamers a copy of Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] & other goodies - 9 September, 2018
- Samsung Portable SSD T5 Review – Small, slick, sturdy & incredibly fast! - 6 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Photo Mode lets you create your own comic covers - 4 September, 2018
- Mayan inspired Custom Shadow of the Tomb Raider Xbox One X is Gorgeous - 4 September, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold September 2018: Prison Architect, Livelock and more - 3 September, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man Villains and Friends appear in Relationships Trailer - 30 August, 2018