In August, Cadbury’s launched Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa. At first glance, one cannot help but immediately notice the similarity between this aerated chocolate and that of Nestle’s Aero series of chocolates. What sets this chocolate apart from the rest, however, is the shape and texture of the bar.
Unlike traditional chocolate slabs that most people are familiar with, Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly is manufactured using a unique mould made out of ‘bubbles’. In addition to looking rather funky, the bar feels unusual to the touch and begs consumers to bite into the entire chocolate bar rather than to break it into individual blocks for consumption. Truth be told, I always eat chocolate bars like a bit of a recluse, wrapper barely open and bar straight into my mouth. As a result, I welcome Cadbury’s decision to modify the traditional notion of what a chocolate bar is supposed to look like as well as how it should be consumed.
To complement the launch of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa, Ogilvy Johannesburg created a commercial (view it below) that takes viewers on a ‘magical journey’ to meet the unique Cadbury Dairy Milk ‘floating cows’, which produce ‘bubbly milk’ that makes Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly so very special. The advertisement is fantastic and helps to capture the essence of what makes this chocolate so unique and why Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate remains a South African favourite.
In addition to the great televised campaign Cadbury is also, at this very moment, hosting a physical challenge amongst a selection of bloggers to find out who is the most ‘bubbly’. Participants are required to complete a series of ‘bubblerific’ activities and are being judged on speed, creativity and influence. For those who are interested, the results of the activities can be followed live on Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly Challenge website and in real-time on Twitter through the #BubblyChallenge hashtag.
Have you enjoyed Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly? What do you think of the chocolate and the current advertising campaign? Leave us a comment with your thoughts.
- Win with Vamers: Sea of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 20 March, 2018
- Support Jengo the game on Fig and be a part of the adventure - 19 March, 2018
- State of Decay 2 Collector’s Edition comes with a literal Thumb Drive - 15 March, 2018
- Jurassic World Evolution stars Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm - 15 March, 2018
- 25% PlayStation Plus Discount on 12 month membership [6 – 23 March 2018] - 13 March, 2018
- Darwin Project now available on Early Access & Game Preview - 12 March, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Tickets on sale from 9 March 2018 - 8 March, 2018
- Buy Pure Farming 2018 and help Support the Drought Relief Fund - 8 March, 2018
- God of War Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Pro is gloriously gaudy - 7 March, 2018
- Applications for Comic Con Africa Artist Alley (2018) are now open - 7 March, 2018