In August, Cadbury’s launched Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa. At first glance, one cannot help but immediately notice the similarity between this aerated chocolate and that of Nestle’s Aero series of chocolates. What sets this chocolate apart from the rest, however, is the shape and texture of the bar.
Unlike traditional chocolate slabs that most people are familiar with, Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly is manufactured using a unique mould made out of ‘bubbles’. In addition to looking rather funky, the bar feels unusual to the touch and begs consumers to bite into the entire chocolate bar rather than to break it into individual blocks for consumption. Truth be told, I always eat chocolate bars like a bit of a recluse, wrapper barely open and bar straight into my mouth. As a result, I welcome Cadbury’s decision to modify the traditional notion of what a chocolate bar is supposed to look like as well as how it should be consumed.
To complement the launch of Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly in South Africa, Ogilvy Johannesburg created a commercial (view it below) that takes viewers on a ‘magical journey’ to meet the unique Cadbury Dairy Milk ‘floating cows’, which produce ‘bubbly milk’ that makes Cadbury Dairy Milk Bubbly so very special. The advertisement is fantastic and helps to capture the essence of what makes this chocolate so unique and why Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Chocolate remains a South African favourite.
In addition to the great televised campaign Cadbury is also, at this very moment, hosting a physical challenge amongst a selection of bloggers to find out who is the most ‘bubbly’. Participants are required to complete a series of ‘bubblerific’ activities and are being judged on speed, creativity and influence. For those who are interested, the results of the activities can be followed live on Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly Challenge website and in real-time on Twitter through the #BubblyChallenge hashtag.
Have you enjoyed Cadbury’s Dairy Milk Bubbly? What do you think of the chocolate and the current advertising campaign? Leave us a comment with your thoughts.
- Halo Infinite teaser hints at what is to come for Master Chief - 11 June, 2018
- E3 2018 Press Conference Times and Where to Watch (South Africa) - 9 June, 2018
- Confirmed List of Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaurs – something for everyone - 7 June, 2018
- Frontier is giving away a gorgeous Jurassic World Xbox One X at E3 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Big Bang Theory’s Kevin Sussmen confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 7 June, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold June 2018: Assassins, Smite, Sonic & Indy Jones - 31 May, 2018
- Is your Spirit Animal Kratos? Find out if you Won in our God of War competition - 29 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is mystifyingly handsy - 18 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Deadpool (MMS490) collectible is a sexy unicorn lover - 15 May, 2018
- The Magicians’ Rick Worthy confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 9 May, 2018