The design of the landscapes and visual art styles of the world’s in which video games take place are often always unique in execution. From the bright and colourful habitat’s in Viva Pinata to the harsh realism of Heavy Rain, each video game world offers a sense of individualism that influences the way the game is experienced.
Tim Hijlkema, a visual design artist from the Netherlands, took different video games and created this morphing visual art work of 20 different video game planets.
Can you name the video games that inspired each planet?
The list of video game planets featured in the video are as follows:
1. Half Life 2
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Super Mario 64
5. Assassin’s Creed
6. Roller coaster Tycoon
7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
8. Fallout 3
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mirror’s Edge
11. Portal 2
12. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
14. Mass Effect 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. The Sims 3
18. Medal of Honour
How many were you able to guess correctly? Let us know in the comments.
- Hot Toys Doctor Strange (MMS484) is mystifyingly handsy - 18 May, 2018
- Hot Toys Deadpool (MMS490) collectible is a sexy unicorn lover - 15 May, 2018
- Here are the winners in our Sea Of Thieves Be More Pirate Competition - 7 May, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold May 2018: Solid Snake, Baseball and Cult Classics - 1 May, 2018
- Jason Momoa confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2018 - 24 April, 2018
- These Vamers Gifs will give your gif game much needed life - 19 April, 2018
- Win With Vamers: God of War Limited Edition [PS4 Only] - 19 April, 2018
- My Spirit Animal: Kratos – What life is like living with the God of War - 19 April, 2018
- Five actors who could be Kratos in a God of War Movie - 12 April, 2018
- Sea of Thieves is like tasty grog: good, even with a hangover [REVIEW] - 11 April, 2018