The design of the landscapes and visual art styles of the world’s in which video games take place are often always unique in execution. From the bright and colourful habitat’s in Viva Pinata to the harsh realism of Heavy Rain, each video game world offers a sense of individualism that influences the way the game is experienced.
Tim Hijlkema, a visual design artist from the Netherlands, took different video games and created this morphing visual art work of 20 different video game planets.
Can you name the video games that inspired each planet?
The list of video game planets featured in the video are as follows:
1. Half Life 2
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Super Mario 64
5. Assassin’s Creed
6. Roller coaster Tycoon
7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
8. Fallout 3
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mirror’s Edge
11. Portal 2
12. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
14. Mass Effect 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. The Sims 3
18. Medal of Honour
How many were you able to guess correctly? Let us know in the comments.
- PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition Celebrates Sony’s Success - 14 August, 2018
- Vikings’ Travis Fimmel confirmed for Comic Con Africa 2018 - 13 August, 2018
- 60 Parsecs! wants you to survive the apocalypse by escaping to space - 6 August, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold August 2018: Forza, For Honor, Space and Mickey - 1 August, 2018
- Ember Ceramic Mug Review: the best coffee mug you will ever use - 30 July, 2018
- Meet The Mountain from Game of Thrones at FIBO Global Fitness Africa - 27 July, 2018
- First South African LEGO Store opens in Sandton City - 26 July, 2018
- American Gods Ricky Whittle and Yetide Badaki confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 26 July, 2018
- Jenny Frison Comic Book Cover Artist confirmed for Comic-Con Africa 2018 - 26 July, 2018
- 8 Long Press Tips for Safari on iOS that will change the way you web surf - 11 July, 2018