The design of the landscapes and visual art styles of the world’s in which video games take place are often always unique in execution. From the bright and colourful habitat’s in Viva Pinata to the harsh realism of Heavy Rain, each video game world offers a sense of individualism that influences the way the game is experienced.
Tim Hijlkema, a visual design artist from the Netherlands, took different video games and created this morphing visual art work of 20 different video game planets.
Can you name the video games that inspired each planet?
The list of video game planets featured in the video are as follows:
1. Half Life 2
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Super Mario 64
5. Assassin’s Creed
6. Roller coaster Tycoon
7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
8. Fallout 3
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mirror’s Edge
11. Portal 2
12. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
14. Mass Effect 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. The Sims 3
18. Medal of Honour
How many were you able to guess correctly? Let us know in the comments.
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission Review: Outstanding Virtual Reality Platformer - 12 October, 2018
- You Get Me Review: a thriller marred by cliched teenage melodrama - 11 October, 2018
- Microsoft’s #HowOldRobot Guesses the Age of Video Game Characters - 10 October, 2018
- Boet Fighter wants you to moer okes into submission, my bru! - 9 October, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold October 2018: Food, Demons, Stunts and Money - 9 October, 2018
- Spider senses tingling? You might have won our Marvel’s Spider-Man [PS4] comp. - 8 October, 2018
- Overwatch headwear now available at Vamers Store - 4 October, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Review: Lara’s Story Comes Full Circle - 26 September, 2018
- Comic Con Africa Interview with SA’s Official Lara Croft: Noelle Adams - 20 September, 2018
- The Sony PlayStation Classic channels the heyday of 3D gaming - 19 September, 2018