The design of the landscapes and visual art styles of the world’s in which video games take place are often always unique in execution. From the bright and colourful habitat’s in Viva Pinata to the harsh realism of Heavy Rain, each video game world offers a sense of individualism that influences the way the game is experienced.
Tim Hijlkema, a visual design artist from the Netherlands, took different video games and created this morphing visual art work of 20 different video game planets.
Can you name the video games that inspired each planet?
The list of video game planets featured in the video are as follows:
1. Half Life 2
3. Battlefield 1942
4. Super Mario 64
5. Assassin’s Creed
6. Roller coaster Tycoon
7. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
8. Fallout 3
9. Team Fortress 2
10. Mirror’s Edge
11. Portal 2
12. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
14. Mass Effect 3
15. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
17. The Sims 3
18. Medal of Honour
How many were you able to guess correctly? Let us know in the comments.
- Anthem editions detailed – which version is best for you? - 21 January, 2019
- Confirmed Cross-Play Games for Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo - 18 January, 2019
- Sony WH-1000XM3 Headphones Now Available in South Africa - 15 January, 2019
- Playlist: Into the Spider-Verse’s Kingpin – A Sinisterly Poignant Villain - 17 December, 2018
- Belkin Valet Charge Dock Review: Sophisticated Apple Watch Charger - 14 December, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold December 2018: Never Alone in Dragon Age - 1 December, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits scene? Yes, there is one. - 29 November, 2018
- Win With Vamers: Tickets to Playtopia 2018 - 11 November, 2018
- Xbox Games with Gold November 2018: Race the Sun to the Battlefield - 1 November, 2018
- Michelle Pfeiffer’s Catwoman Playlist – Music that will make you Purr - 22 October, 2018