I would like to think of the Vamers website as being progressive and unshackled from the stereotypes that the video gaming and technology industries are subject to.
Hence, after some deliberation, the word ‘Vixen’ was found to harbour too many negative connotations associated with the female gender. With this in mind, the word ‘vixen’ has been stripped from the title of the ‘Vamer Vixen’ series of articles.
Instead, the latin derived word ‘Virago’ will be used. Virago is a word that continues to be associated with the naming of women who have risen above cultural and gender stereotypes through great stature, strength and courage.
This change does not mean that the ‘eye-candy’ factor of these posts will deteriorate, rather it implies that the ladies who are featured on Vamers are also powerful, driven, successful individuals who are capable of doing anything.
In addition to this name change, Vamers will soon introduce the ‘Vamer Venator’ – a separate bi-monthly post that focusses on the male gender.
Venator, in this regard, does not refer to the sub-class of Star Destroyer from Star Wars. Instead, this word was chosen due to its Roman gladiator origins that describe men as strong, powerful and engaging.
The Vamer Venator series has been established due to popular demand from our growing female audience – an audience that we are thrilled to have and one that we look forward to engaging with even more as the Vamers community grows from strength to strength.
I hope that you will enjoy and agree that these small changes to Vamers are for the best as we begin to mature and evolve to cater for you, our fantastic video gaming and technology enthused audience.
Viva Vamers Virago and Venator!
- The Valkyrie Challenge is an All-Woman CS:GO esports event - 25 July, 2017
- HP Sprocket Puts Photo Printing in your Pocket [Review] - 20 July, 2017
- Get Your Winter eSports Fix at RUSH, the rAge of eSports - 14 July, 2017
- Attend the Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Premiere with Nu Metro VIP - 14 July, 2017
- Microsoft Introduces New Xbox Avatars, and they are better than ever - 29 June, 2017
- Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Enhanced with Original Xbox Games - 15 June, 2017
- All New Nintendo Switch Pokemon RPG is Coming - 14 June, 2017
- Xbox One X Games Confirmed to Run and Render at Native 4K Ultra HD - 13 June, 2017
- A Way Out Promises Innovative Co-Op Gameplay - 12 June, 2017
- Anthem is a Brand New Open-World Sci-Fi Shooter from BioWare - 12 June, 2017